Backspace Key Not Working

Schiz0 schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 15:48:52 UTC 2008

Hey,

I have an annoying problem that I'm not sure how to solve. Here's my setup:

PuTTy => My FreeBSD 6.2 box => Production FreeBSD 7.0 box

All via SSH, of course. Now, on my FreeBSD 6.2 box, the backspace key
works fine all the time. However, when I connect from my 6.2 box into
the production 7.0 box, the backspace key does not work all the time.
In the console, it works fine (as in, it deletes what I type).
However, when I'm in programs such as VIM, it displays "^?" instead of
deleting. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for your time.