Is it Better to Wait until the 6.3 Upgrade to build bind?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Jul 25 19:54:21 UTC 2008

Chuck Swiger writes:
> Either way, you should not wait to update bind.  :-)

It's like 72 hours away.:-)

	On Monday, I will actually do the cvs-based upgrades for
all the systems in question and will also upgrade bind so that
when they are rebooted, bind only has to go down for one time.
If I needed to wait until 6.3 is built, then each system would get
rebooted and then bind would have to be stopped once more to
install the new bind. We are running bind9.3xso we need the
upgrade quickly and I just wanted to do it all with as little
disruption as possible.

	It sounds like I can build the new bind first and then
do all the cvs upgrades so all that is needed in the wee hours
of the morning is a reboot.

	Many thanks.

Martin McCormick