Is it Better to Wait until the 6.3 Upgrade to build bind?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Jul 25 18:49:19 UTC 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	Several 6.2 systems are about to be upgraded to
> FreeBSD6.3. They run bind which also must be upgraded to the new
> patched version.
>
> 	Should I wait to build the new bind port until after the
> systems are upgraded or does it matter?

Either way, you should not wait to update bind.  :-)

If you upgrade to 6.3-STABLE, you should be updating to a 9.3 version
of which includes the patch, but it's reasonable to install a later
version from ports if you so prefer.  If you compile this under 6.2,
it would run fine if you later upgrade to 6.3...

--
-Chuck