quota and sendmail accepts <10k mail size

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Jul 8 18:17:31 UTC 2008

At 08:14 PM 7/7/2008, lyd mc wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I setup my mail server on freebsd7.0R and it is working great!
>
>However, I have a problem on quota. It suppose to block any incoming
>message to specific user which is under quota. But sendmail can still send
>to the user under quota if the mail size is ~ less than 10k. Quota only
>works when the mail size is  greater than 13k.
>
>Is there any way to correct this problem? Please help.
>

>By the way, i disable the grace period via quota.h.
>
>        #define MAX_IQ_TIME     (0)     /* seconds in 1 week */
>        #define MAX_DQ_TIME     (0)     /* seconds in 1 week */
>

>And my mail users authenticate via ldap.
>
>Thank you and more power.

I don't fully understand what you are trying to limit, most sendmail size
limits are set either globally, or by protocol.  The General setting is set
in you .mc file with:

confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE    MaxMessageSize  [infinite] The maximum size of messages
                                         that will be accepted (in bytes).

Otherwise read through the page on the options here and you can refine the
size limit by the protcol/mta:

http://www.sendmail.org/documentation/configurationReadme

         -Derek

believed to be clean.