quota and sendmail accepts <10k mail size

lyd mc alydiomc at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 01:40:44 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I setup my mail server on freebsd7.0R and it is working great!

However, I have a problem on quota. It suppose to block any incoming message to specific user which is under quota. But sendmail can still send to the user under quota if the mail size is ~ less than 10k. Quota only works when the mail size is  greater than 13k.

Is there any way to correct this problem? Please help.

By the way, i disable the grace period via quota.h.

       #define MAX_IQ_TIME     (0)     /* seconds in 1 week */
       #define MAX_DQ_TIME     (0)     /* seconds in 1 week */

And my mail users authenticate via ldap.

Thank you and more power.