C interpreters

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 05:48:16 PST 2008

Does anyone have a recommendation on C interpreters? I want to do some
development in C, but I would also like to have the ability of playing
with an interactive command line a-la python, as it eases the
"playing" process of figuring out what I am doing.

There are a few options in the ports tree and I'm wondering if anyone
has played with them and has an oppinion. I've seen ccscrpt and cint,
I also know root has a C interpereter (though I don't know how good it
is, and it's for scientific numerical analysis, not generic
programming).

as a secondary (probably stupid) question: how hard is it to write a
library in C++ and allow C programs to use it?

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton