Mirroring / Cloning FreeBSD System

FreeBSD-Utah kwl2363 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 22:10:13 UTC 2008

I have a question on how to mirror a FreeBSD
installation / system.

This environment will have two identical / separate
systems referred to as “System A” and “System B”

-	I want to install FreeBSD on to “System A”
-	Once that installation is complete with selected
ports and custom applications, I want to make an exact
duplicate of “System A” on “System B”

I don’t want to do this with drives in the same
system, rather I would like to “clone” “System A”

Also, it would be nice to be able to do this as a
“mirroring” solution to keep a clone over time of the
system in the case of failure of either “System A” or
“System B”

Is this possible to do? If so, any direction on how I
would do this would be welcome.

Is there a port / application that enables this?

Thank you in advance!