My Rebuild Problem

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven a.j.werven at student.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 26 13:42:28 UTC 2008

tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:

> I would like to reformat and start over, but I don´t know how. As I wrote
> earlier, I keep getting the below-mentioned loop.

>> All I want to do is rebuild the silly FBSD! Again, I fell into this silly
>> loop when I tried to rebuild:
>>
>> -- Select Drive
>> -- FDISK Partition Editor ("Q")
>> -- Install Boot Manager
>>
>> and it just goes round, and round, and round.

At first I didn't see it, but looking at it as quoted by somebody else, it
seems familiar all of a sudden. First, do all the partitioning you need.
After that, when asked (again) to select a drive, don't select any. Just
use TAB to get to OK without any disks selected. This ought to get you out
of the "loop".

Alphons (hope I remembered correctly)

--
All right, that does it Bill [Donahue]. I'm pretty sure that killing Jesus
is not very Christian.