Shutdown anomaly

Steven Friedrich freebsd at insightbb.com
Thu Feb 21 17:08:29 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 03:37:29 pm Brent Jones wrote:
> [...]

The previously suggested kernel config option PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128 appears
to "work around" the issue on my machine, an HP zd8215us.  I'm running
7.0-RC3 (no, really, that's what it sez), built Wed Feb 20.

I could RELIABLY reproduce it with single-user mode, mergemaster -p, make
installworld, mergemaster, halt, before I added the kernel option.

I'm not using xdm.  I do use kdm, but it's the FIRST thing I turn off before
troubleshooting.