unable to upgrade to 6.3-R

luizbcampos at gmail.com luizbcampos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:04:15 UTC 2008

   Trying to upgrade my FreeBSD-6.1-R to 6.3-R, I followed the schema
of Colin Percival at FreeBSD site. The matter is that when I type "sh
freebsd-update.sh -f  freebsd-update.conf -r 6.3-RELEASE upgrade", as
root  I got "freebsd-update.sh: Directory does not exist or it is not
writable: /var/db/freebsd-update"

   My FreeBSD-6.1-R runs some important libraries and just one
interface is installed (X window system) I left out Gnome and KDE, i.
e, not all the 0S is installed. Would it be necessary to install
everything?

  Regards

   Luizexit