archiving all IMAP mail?

Jack Barnett jackbarnett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:39:03 UTC 2008

This is the setup I use:

external accounts (pop, imap, etc) <->fetchmail -> procmail ->
filter&archive -> imap
local accounts -> procmail -> filter&archive -> imap

Then my imap clients connect to the imap server.

The imap server I use is courier-imap (has ssl which is nice)
then use Thunderbird for the clients (runs multiply platforms)

This setup works well, everything is auto-archived and also can get
access to my mail from anyplace and it's the "same".
It scales well too, fairly secure and have once place to back up all my
emails.