what happened to linuxflashplugin?

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 06:01:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:00:27AM +0000, Da Rock wrote:

> > include link to www.anybrowser.org on your pages :)
>
> Mind you I'm building clients sites this way, as well as my own. The
> link looks good, but is there a way for me to get as many browsers
> and platforms to check my pages for errors? I have access to windows
> (maybe not for much longer, although I may use vmware to solve that)
> and linux and BSD. I need to check safari and mac, plus others. Any
> ideas? Anybody with a platform that can check it out for me maybe?

You can get Safari for Windows:

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

I use it to check my pages. I also use IE7 on XP and you can install
IE6 at the same time on XP. I don't bother with checking for bugs with
IE6: it's fubarred and my site is non-commercial.

As for flash, I avoid it like the plague.

Example, I was looking into buying a titanium bike frame. This guy
had a good reputation:

http://www.crisptitanium.com/

But the site is a fsckin disaster of un-navigable flash that hence
doesn't show up in a Google search.

The site suggests to me technical incompetence, which I don't want if
I'm hurtling down a hill on one of his frames.

Hence, I'm going with an Enigma or Litespeed (when I've the money ;)

--

 Frank

 Contact info: http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/misc/contact.html