Problems with WMP54G Wireless Adapter

Daniel Tate bestpattyos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 05:45:52 UTC 2008

Even though I am relatively new to FreeBSD I have been able to configure
most everything flawlessly.
There is only one problem that has needed fixing and that is with my
wireless adapter from Linksys that use the ral(4) driver.
I have tried using ifconfig, yet I get a response saying that ral
doesn't exist even though in my kernel I have the appropriate driver.
Also when I try dmesg | grep ral0 nothing comes up.
After all of this I loaded the driver into my kernel using ndisgen(8)
and I got a response saying that there was a binary error.
When I do pciconf -lv i get this:

none2 at pci2:2:0: class=0x028000 card=0x00551737 chip=0x03011814 rev= 0x00
hdr=0x00

    vendor = 'Ralink Technology, Corp'
    class    = network

I have searched through various forums and even other mail threads but I
have found nothing of value.
If more information is needed let me know.

Daniel