Behind a router revisited

Eugen eu9gu4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:20:23 PST 2008

I disabled the firewall in /etc/rc.conf.

The message from ping is:

ping: sendto: Network is unreachable

How do I set the metric to 1 at boot? Is there a setting I have to put
in /etc/rc.conf
or somewhere else?

It still baffles me why Linux works on the desktop, Windows works on the laptop
(wireless) and BSD doesn't. This tells me that the settings in the
router are OK.

Eugen