local copy of handbook

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Tue Dec 30 06:13:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 09:43:19PM +0000, Bruce Cran wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:27:17 +0000
> Frank Shute <frank at shute.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > You can keep a local copy of the docs & update the sources for the
> > docs with csup but you have to regenerate them with a make command
> > after you have csup'd.
> >
> > The process is described within this page I just put up:
> >
> > http://www.shute.org.uk/misc/freebsd_uptodate.html
> >
> > There maybe some errors there or things I've missed, so apologies for
> > that in advance. Any questions, just drop me an email.
> >
> > It's good practice IMO to have a locally updated copy of the handbook.
> >
> > You always need the handbook when your 'net connection is down ;)
>
> Are the docs branched?  I tried running a csup with
> tag=RELENG_7 and nothing got created; changing the line
>
> doc-all

> doc-all tag=.
>
> fixed it and fetched all the docs.

Hi Bruce,

As Giorgios points out, the docs aren't branched.

I'll try & make it clearer on that page that it's only for
SUPFILE(source) that there is a branch you have to follow.
PORTSSUPFILE(ports) & DOCSUPFILE(docs) are just given the current tag,
which they should have by default.

Regards,

--

 Frank