FreeBSD 7 load hangs on boot

ThinkDifferently Jeremy at FutureCIS.com
Wed Dec 17 14:20:20 UTC 2008

michael-439 wrote:

> disable dma specifically by escaping to the loader prompt and type
> hw.ata.atapi_dma=0

Tried it.  Didn't work.

michael-439 wrote:

> you can also try loading the device as a "scsi" device with atapicam.
> you could make this static on your iso by editing the loader.conf on the
> iso.

Forgive my ignorance; as I've stated earlier, I'm pretty new to FreeBSD.
How would I do as you suggest above?

--
I've worked with System V Unix for well over 14 years.  Working with System
III-based FreeBSD, I've come to the conclusion that for every one thing I