Limewire 4.18 problem

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Tue Dec 16 04:25:16 PST 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:44:14 +0000 (GMT)
alvaro rosales <aran80 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a freebsd 7 Release #0 box, it works as a marble,
> unfortunately I have a problem with limewire 4.18. I can connect with
> any other p2p network client, (firewall is ok and set up to allow
> connections on limewire port and upnp is enable) but limewire wont
> connect.

Sounds like the same problem Vuze/Azureus has when running on FreeBSD 7.

> I have made a search on the net and found a thread that fixed
> it  by modifying the file  /etc/libmap.conf as follows:
>  [/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/]
> libpthread.so libc_r.so
> libpthread.so.2 libc_r.so.6

That work-around only works on FreeBSD 6 (probably because of the
change to libthr in FreeBSD 7).

When I was testing Vuze again on FreeBSD 7.1-RC1 a few days ago, I
noticed that data transfer was happening when using UDP. But normal TCP
connections to other peers would time out, hanging during/after the
handshake. The connections seemed to be established though.

A Vuze developer told me, that transfers via UDP and TCP are using
different sets of native java APIs. TCP is non-blocking IO, so there
could be a problem in the FreeBSD Java code.

Andreas
--
GnuPG key  : 0x2A573565    |    http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/de/
Fingerprint: 925D 2089 0BF9 8DE5 9166  33BB F0FD CD37 2A57 3565