Uptime logging with (maybe) ppp's log functionality

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Dec 15 21:12:27 PST 2008

Many thanks for your ideas. I think I'll use #2 and have start
and stop time recorded in epoch format (because its easy to
get the substraction result instead of fiddling around with
date's ymdhms parameters).

This is because I'm not very familiar with ppp's logs, and
maybe they provide the needed information in a way that makes
it hard to do calculations on it (like, say, the date format
from the syylog entries).

If the documentation of ppp doesn't answer all upcoming
questions, I'd be glad to ask again.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany