send performance of rl(4)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Dec 14 15:49:02 PST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:42:31 +0100 (CET), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> realtek cards are not bad by design. this particular was broken

I always found Realtek cards okay because they would work
everywhere, nearly every OS supported them. But especially
the RTL8139, if I remember correctly, was so busy generating
IRQs that it didn't find the time to have a good performance. :-)
Maybe Realteks newer models perform better.

I'm quite happy with 3Com's and Intel's NICs, I usually give
away Realtek NICs along with computer systems I built for
others.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany