install freebsd from inside another operating system

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Dec 8 05:43:11 PST 2008

I'm just wondering if it is possible to install FreeBSD from inside a bootstrap
operating system such as a knoppix or ubuntu preinstall?

Reason I'm asking is that my boss is asking about getting another commodity
server using a provider that doesn't offer freebsd. We do get KVM over IP
however, and I assume that really clever people might know how to handle this
sort of thing if they have console access.
--
Robin Becker