Dual (zaphod) head on Intel i810 does not work for FreeBSD V7.0 Release

Ray Newman ray at one.com.au
Sat Aug 30 05:13:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

Using the intel driver, I can *ALMOST* get there.  What I want to
do is run KDE and general apps on the first screen - LVDS ( :0.0 )
and run one single X app on the second screen - CRT ( :0.1 ).

Using the intel drivers, I can't get KDE to leave the second
screen alone.  In fact, it keeps moving the panel to it.
The docs with the intel driver say it just doesn't support
dual (zaphod) head mode.

Are the i810 drivers still in use?  They also *ALMOST* get there
in zaphod mode - they just stuff the screen modes at the last moment.

Ray Newman