Supported External SATA to USB Hard Drive Enclosures

Derrick Ryalls ryallsd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 06:17:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Doug Poland <doug at polands.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a manufacturer and/or model of external SATA to
> USB external hard drive enclosures?  I've not had luck with the
> devices I pick up off-the-shelf at my local big-box consumer
> electronics stores.
>
> BTW, I'm running FreeBSD i386 7.x.

Perhaps I am tired and therefore misunderstanding...

I just recently bought a seagate TB SATA drive and Roswell enclosure
that has SATA internal and USB/eSATA as external interface.  USB
worked with no difficulty and so did the eSATA when I plugged the
bracked into an existing SATA port on my mobo.  I also had good luck
with Addonics being recognized, until the enclosure itself started
failing, that is.