Auto Mount USB

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Aug 18 20:00:20 UTC 2008

Brian Miller wrote:
> I started looking at amd and it is just what I need but it doesn't
> appear to be available? From what I have read it should be part of
> FreeBSD? I see that I can download a tar from www.am-utils.org should I
> do that or is there a "Package" available for it? Is there something
> similar to "YUM" for FreeBSD?

It's part of the base system:

[53] Mon 18.Aug.2008 14:52:41
[kadmin at archangel][~]
# which amd
/usr/sbin/amd

[54] Mon 18.Aug.2008 14:53:05
[kadmin at archangel][~]
# whereis amd
amd: /usr/sbin/amd /usr/share/man/man8/amd.8.gz /usr/src/usr.sbin/amd

 ... and, according to the manpage, has been since before FreeBSD
existed.  CVS seems to concur, with the initial revision of amd.c
being committed by rgrimes@ on May 26, 1994.

Kevin Kinsey
--
Try to get all of your posthumous medals in advance.