Jails, IPs and identd

Redd Vinylene reddvinylene at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:59:22 UTC 2008

Hello!

I have a jail with multiple IPs. It runs identd, however it only works
from the jail's main IP:

auth stream tcp nowait root internal auth -r -f -n -o UNKNOWN -t 30

How do I make it work from absolutely all IPs?

Perhaps: auth stream tcp nowait root internal auth -r -f -n -o UNKNOWN
-t 30 -a <insert hundreds of ips here>?

Thank you all!

# man identd

     -a      Specify one specific IP address to bind to.  Alternatively, a
             hostname can be specified, in which case the IPv4 or IPv6 address
             which corresponds to that hostname is used.  Usually a hostname
             is specified when inetd is run inside a jail(8), in which case
             the hostname corresponds to that of the jail(8) environment.

             When the hostname specification is used and both IPv4 and IPv6
             bindings are desired, one entry with the appropriate protocol
             type for each binding is required for each service in
             /etc/inetd.conf.  For example, a TCP-based service would need two
             entries, one using ``tcp4'' for the protocol and the other using
             ``tcp6''.  See the explanation of the /etc/inetd.conf protocol
             field below.

--
http://www.home.no/reddvinylene