secure access to AS/400 ?

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Fri Aug 1 13:27:14 UTC 2008

Hello All,

Seems OT, but I have been asked to give someone remote access to an AS/
400 we have here.

As I am not knowledgeable about AS/400's I do not know if there is an
openssh/sshd app that could be put on there.  They give everyone
access 'locally' via telnet and some IBM gui app at the moment; the
software:

eNetwork Personal Communications AS/400
Client Access Express for Windows
Workstation Program
Version 4.3

If they can not find some form of sshd to put on the AS/400, I could
give people access to a FreeBSD via ssh and then have them use
'something' to connect to it.

Is there some terminal emulator that I would have to give them?

I don't know how the AS works or what people use on it or use it for..
so please excuse the seemingly ignorant questions..

Thanks in advance