FreeBSD 7.0 jail and Samba 3

Nejc Škoberne nejc at skoberne.net
Tue Apr 22 10:49:59 UTC 2008

Hey Johan,

> Well i use ezjail for my jails, i leave everything else standard, but have the same sysctl value's
> This is my smb.conf (it is a fileserver as member of a domain for my domain).
>
> [global]
> wins server = hz2-serv.mydomain.local

This is why it works for you. You use external WINS server - and for the Windows
client to be able to go to \\fileserv-hz2 there must be WINS server set up on it. Which
is not really what I want - I want to be able to use NetBIOS to resolve NetBIOS name
of the server, not WINS. I also tried with the external WINS server and it works for
me too.

Thanks,
Nejc