is this hardware supported?

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Sat Apr 19 16:46:20 UTC 2008

Hi!

Ok. So what about this?
http://de.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1178&l1=3&l2=11&l3=307

Has anybody been using it?
With what success?
Can anybody use the embedded RAID controller to make a HW RAID 1
with two SATA disks?
Is the NIC supported and working well?

Again, I couldn't find any of its chipsets in the 6.3 supported
HW list, so that's why I ask the list.

But in this case I'm a bit muc more confident that FreeBSD 6.3
can run on this HW

It's a Asus P5B, with intel P965 / ICH8 chipset

With that MB I would like to build a small FreeBSD 6.3 home server with:
- 1 cpu Intel CORE2DUO E4600
- 2 GB DDR2-RAM Patriot DDR2 2GB Kit, PC6400
- 2 sata drives (HW RAID 1)

Any comment/hint welcome.
Thank you.

Best regards.