Mail Spool Problems / IMAP

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Apr 8 19:34:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:42:41AM -0700, Chris Maness wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>
> >On Apr 8, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Chris Maness wrote:
> >>How is this header look?  I am not quite sure of what I am looking for.
> >
> >That seems to be fine.  If it was corrupted, you'd see a line or a few
> >lines of obvious binary garbage...
> >
> >--
> >-Chuck
> >

> It does seem like something something is corrupt.  What can I do to reset
> everything and restore everything so that thunderbird can read my inbox
> again.  I have contempalted deleting the user, but I'm not sure if that
> will delete what ever is corrupted.

Very often it is only one character out of place.   Each header should
start with  'From' in the beginning of a line - eg as the first
character of the file or the first character after a newline-whitespace
combination.

It looks like you have some Greater-Thans ('>')  stuck in there.
Try taking those away from in front of the initial From.

////jerry