Problem with gio-fam-backend, portupgrade failing...

Peter Harrison peter.piggybox at virgin.net
Tue Apr 8 19:21:34 UTC 2008

Tuesday,  8 April 2008 at 15:41:04 +0200, Matthias Apitz said:
> El día Monday, April 07, 2008 a las 10:06:02PM +0100, Peter Harrison escribió:
>
> > > I have seen this before, if ( /devel/ ) gio-fam-backend needs a library that
> > > is outdated, it gives this sort of error.  I know when I had the issue, it
> > > was that it needs glib 2.16 and I had 2.14.  Thankfully it doesn't have too
> > > many dependancies so it isn't hard to check them all.
> >

> > Right, I'll start looking through the gio-fam-backend dependencies and report back.
> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >
> > Peter Harrison.
> >

> > > Mark Moellering
>
> I've installed last weekend a 7.0R, did portsnap fetch/extract and fired
> up my script to run in BATCH mode through the ~200 ports I wanted have
> installed on the box; when I came back late night and was hoping all
> went fine, some of the ports failed as well with gio-fam-backend; it
> took me some time to go to /usr/ports/devel/glib20, deinstall and
> install it fresh which changed it from glib-2.14.2 to 2.16.x (don't know
> the x from the top of my head now); after this all was fine again;
>
> really, I did not understand how this was possible after portsnap
> fetch/extract on a real new system, just installed from boot CD;
>
> 	matthias

Seems to me there might have been a problem with the port.

I noticed that gio-fam-backend had been updated to 2.16.3, ran portsnap and it then installed without problem. No other intervention required. I'm running portupgrade -a again now with no problems so far.

Thanks all for the responses.

Peter Harrison.