Problem with gio-fam-backend, portupgrade failing...

Matthias Apitz matthias.apitz at oclc.org
Tue Apr 8 13:41:08 UTC 2008

El día Monday, April 07, 2008 a las 10:06:02PM +0100, Peter Harrison escribió:

> > I have seen this before, if ( /devel/ ) gio-fam-backend needs a library that
> > is outdated, it gives this sort of error.  I know when I had the issue, it
> > was that it needs glib 2.16 and I had 2.14.  Thankfully it doesn't have too
> > many dependancies so it isn't hard to check them all.
>

> Right, I'll start looking through the gio-fam-backend dependencies and report back.
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Peter Harrison.
>

> > Mark Moellering

I've installed last weekend a 7.0R, did portsnap fetch/extract and fired
up my script to run in BATCH mode through the ~200 ports I wanted have
installed on the box; when I came back late night and was hoping all
went fine, some of the ports failed as well with gio-fam-backend; it
took me some time to go to /usr/ports/devel/glib20, deinstall and
install it fresh which changed it from glib-2.14.2 to 2.16.x (don't know
the x from the top of my head now); after this all was fine again;

really, I did not understand how this was possible after portsnap
fetch/extract on a real new system, just installed from boot CD;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH