quick spamd question

Brian Martinez brm at msu.edu
Mon Apr 7 16:08:19 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

I am trying to move greylisting from an OpenBSD box I currently
administer to a FreeBSD box.  I installed 'spamd' out of ports and I
have everything working on a transparent bridge, etc. etc.

My only question (at this point) is this...  I do not recall this being
the way it worked on OpeBSD (and there are a variety of reasons I cannot
check right now to verify), but once an entry gets listed WHITE, should
the GREY entry remain?  I seem to remember that the GREY entry expires
immediately after the second attempt (thereby making the tuple whitelisted).

I'll be glad to answer anymore specific questions if it can get me an
answer!

Thanks folks!
./brm