Wake-on-LAN and the em driver (freebsd 7.x)

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Wed Apr 2 16:24:55 UTC 2008

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

I missed the earlier parts of this thread ... but if you're after bootable cd's,
with old versions of dos, these exist on the web, free for the taking.  I needed
to flash my machine's BIOS about 60 days ago, so I searched it out.  I have the
image at hand, it's not a Windows thing, it's one of those old dos-compatibles,
but it worked just fine, let me mod the autoexec and the config.sys, it has a
cdrom driver (which just any bootable cdrom won't have, meaning you couldn't
swap the cd, after you booted, with a cd loaded with your tool cd, which was a
killer).

If this is what you like, let me know and I'll go spelunking a bit and find it,
it'd only be about 15 minutes of looking about in my archives.  For the job of
flashing BIOSes, the cd was ideal, and I (1) like staying legal, and (2) like
even better avoiding having to use any sort of MS tool, I don't require any
others do this, but for myself, I'm philosophically against using any products
of that company.  Also seems like a rather silly reason to keep any machine
sitting on a desk using power.