HP Server compatability

Tim Kellers timothyk at wallnet.com
Sat Sep 29 13:21:33 PDT 2007

I thought e would be purchasing a Dell 2950 to use as part of our
FreeBSD 6.2 server farm, (and thanks to everyone for their informed
replies), but due to other circumstances, our client wants to purchase a
HP ProLiant ML350 G5 SAS LFF - Rack Server.

The only experience I have with HP is their printers and I know nothing
about their server compatability with FreeBSD.  Does anyone know if this
unit is compatible with FreeBSD 6.2 or has anyone actually installed it
on one?  Any pointer to pitfalls and/or workarounds would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Tim