Research about FreeBSD - Suppor from experts required

DBSM dsanchez2 at babson.edu
Sat Sep 29 12:35:46 PDT 2007

Hi to all !

Recently I started in my Buss. School a research about the impact of FreeBSD
on the open source industry. I exchaged some innitial questions and receive
good support. At this level I would like to ask FreeBSD some 2nl level
questions intented to focalize my research

1. Is there an idea of what % of the markets share is owned by FreeBSD when
comparing iwth others O/S such as Red Hat , Ubunto ? I know this is a very
open question what an iniitial idea would be helpful to me.

2. Usually in what applications are runned over FreeBSD ? I read about
FreeNAS as a Storage application built around FreeBSD

3. Usually in what kind of HW does FreeBSD is installed (Laptop, Desktops,
Servers ? )

Thanks very much for your support !

Danilo B.
dsanchez2 at babson.edu