anyone have a favorite laptop?

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 28 12:53:49 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:12:44AM -0400, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 09:24:55PM -0400, Bob Johnson wrote:
>
> I have installed FreeBSd on IBM/Lenova and Dell with little problem.
>
> But, I wonder if anyone here has had any dealings with a nice little
> notebook from a Japanese company called 'Kojinsha'.   I saw them the
> last time I was in Japan, of course, running MS-something.   They
> are very compact, but still with a typable keyboard unlike some other
> compact notebooks and a very sharp looking display.   I am hoping I
> can find them sold with an English Language setup in the USA.  (I
> have seen an European (British?) English Language version.
>
> So, has anyone seen these or better yet, tried one?

I was quite tempted to order one of those from conics.net a while
ago, but getting it across the border into Russia is a real PITA.
When I googled to check for possible compatibility issues I saw
people running Linux on it, there's a working Xorg driver, too.
Most likely FreeBSD will run fine on it as well.