Netatalk

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:14:51 PDT 2007

Beg to differ on the AFP vs samb issues from what we use at work using a
mixed environment (*nix, windoze and Mac's).

the filetyping goes alot better using smb than appletalk with MacOS X, and
smb will use encrypted passwds (however poorly encoded) by default, and even
SMB is alot faster than AFP which is horrible slow.

You'll find that using a VPN to access over the internet alot more secure in
any case.

anyway a quick google gives this..

http://www.caboo.se/articles/2006/1/18/apple-file-sharing-via-freebsd

--