Netatalk

Gabriel Dragffy gabe at dragffy.com
Sun Sep 23 09:43:01 PDT 2007

On 23 Sep 2007, at 16:13, Martin Hepworth wrote:

> Why you need netatalk - you still got some old MacOS 8/9 machines
> about?
>
> --

no, they are all os x macbook pros. However we sometimes access over
the internet using AFP, and this uses encrypted passwords which is
safer. Also, afp integrates very well with the mac machines, better
than samba and far better than NFS. I've been using FreeNAS which has
worked well, but unfortunately freezes every few hours, so it's
useless. Trying to build my own version of it.