Hard drive RPM

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Sep 20 22:41:29 PDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:35:28 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> but we are talking about disk capacity. filesystem is just kind of data on
> disk, you may access disk without it like my video stream server. actually
> only 1GB of each disk is allocated for filesystem (mirror+stripe on 8
> disks, giving 4GB for / partition), everything else simply contains
> movies, with catalog as file on / partition.

OP was complaining he/she could only access a smaller % of his disk after
formatting it. so i think the effect of formatting also goes to answering the
OP.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Liberty is not a means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest
political end... liberty is the only object which benefits all alike, and
provokes no sincere opposition... The danger is not that a particular class is
unfit to to govern. Every class is unfit to govern... Power tends to corrupt,
and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord Acton

Warned.