Burn ape music to CD

Mario Lobo mario.lobo at ipad.com.br
Thu Sep 6 04:54:51 PDT 2007

On Thursday 06 September 2007, Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Mario Lobo wrote:
> >>
> >> No, you can't. Audio CD is a specific format without compression, etc.
> >> Either someone was using software which did ape decompression on the fly
> >> or he was using a special device to read them.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Karol
> >
> > Yes, he can !
> >
> > install
> > /usr/ports/sysutils/k3b
> >
> > then install
> > /usr/ports/audio/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin
> >
> > After that he will be able to drop .ape files directly into an audio
> > project.
>
> An what will this plugin do? Decompress ape files on the fly, right?

You're absolutely right !

> If I didn't write previous post clearly: Audio CD standard (Redd Book)
> requires certain data format on disc, which ape file is not. Thus, you
> can't write ape files on Audio CD.
>
> You can, however, use software which converts ape files into correct
> format in an invisible way to you. Do we agree? :)

Of course we do. Sorry if I didn't refer to you answer to Tsu completely. It
was because i was focused on solving his problem first, but yes, you were
right from the start. That is exactly what the  monkey audio plugin does.

> Cheers,
>
> Karol
   //| //|         Mario Lobo
  // |// |         http://www.ipad.com.br
 //  //  |||||||  FreeBSD since 2.2.8 - 100% Rwindows-free