Burn ape music to CD

Karol Kwiatkowski karol.kwiat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:43:35 PDT 2007

Mario Lobo wrote:
> On Thursday 06 September 2007, Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:
>> Tsu-Fan Cheng wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   I have some ape music files ready to burn to CD, I first comvert them
>>> into wav file then use cdrecord, but I heard that this is not necessary,
>>> ape file can burn to CD directly, how is this achieved?? Can I play the
>>> CD in regular stereo?? thank you!!
>> No, you can't. Audio CD is a specific format without compression, etc.
>> Either someone was using software which did ape decompression on the fly
>> or he was using a special device to read them.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Karol
>
> Yes, he can !
>
> install
> /usr/ports/sysutils/k3b
>
> then install
> /usr/ports/audio/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin
>
> After that he will be able to drop .ape files directly into an audio project.

An what will this plugin do? Decompress ape files on the fly, right?

If I didn't write previous post clearly: Audio CD standard (Redd Book)
requires certain data format on disc, which ape file is not. Thus, you
can't write ape files on Audio CD.

You can, however, use software which converts ape files into correct
format in an invisible way to you. Do we agree? :)

Cheers,

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
OpenPGP 0x06E09309