Firefox crashing

Frederic Chardon chardon.frederic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:03:59 PDT 2007

Hello
I had problems also to get firefox running, maybe it will help:
first of all, firefox is very sensitive to optimization options and I
had to keep conservative flags in make.conf (never had a crash during
compilation but impossible to launch later)
second, there is a problem of ownership: the first time you launch it,
it creates a directory in home directory, but since the directory
owner is root you don't have read-write access and can't launch as
user. Try to sudo the first launch to see if it works, if it does
chmod rw the home/.firefox directory to user (not sure about the name
of directory, I'm not on my machine now). Maybe the directory is
created under /root, you must move it to home and chmod it. It worked
for me, hope it helps.
Fred