the right next step?

Aliya Harbouri aliyaharbouri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:15:26 PDT 2007

Hi Jerry!

> I am not sure I understand all of what is being said or implied here.

Hm. Now *I'm* confused by your confusion ;-)  Let me summarize --

The www/apache22 port ignores (or more correctly, is not yet aware of
...) a port-installed bdb46.  unlike most other ports that are
up-to-date, it ignores 'knobs' and make.conf settings.

I've asked the list, I've asked the maintainer privately and via a PR,
I've submitted a proposed solution to the maintainer, and I've filed a
PR & a follow-up to the PR.

In ~ a month, there's been no response/action whatsoever from the
maintainer.  Which is ok.

I was just asking where to "complain" next.

It was suggested, here, that freebsd-ports list is the my next step.

Which is where you'll next hear from me on this :-)

HTH & Thanks a lot!

Ali