[freebsd-questions] easiest way to install CPAN on FreeBSD

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Wed Oct 24 15:07:48 PDT 2007

Gerard wrote:
> On October 24, 2007 at 02:11PM Sean Murphy wrote:
>
> 2) Use CPANPLUS to install the module.
>
> Unless the user has the time, knowledge and motivation to do the first, the
> second approach is usually superior.

What does CPANPLUS do that CPAN doesn't that makes this a better
solution? Does it somehow integrate with the ports better? (rather than
getting conflicts between p5-* and bsdpan-*)

I use quite a lot of CPAN modules, so a way to be able to get 'obscure'
modules, and still use portupgrade effectively would be good :-)

Howie