su: not running setuid

Eric Crist mnslinky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:28:21 PDT 2007

If you executed the command you claim you did, you're system
permissions are really screwed up.  You've changed ownership of
*EVERY* file on the system to uname:wheel.  My best guess is that su
is trying to run as uname (setuid) and it's not getting the
permissions is needs.

4th and long I'm guessing.  You're best of to punt and reinstall.
Can you even log in as root from the console?

Eric