Toshiba Satellite A100 Notebook Xorg installation problem

David J davidj666-1 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 19:18:30 PDT 2007

I am having trouble getting X11 to start correctly.  I have tried useing the
ModeLine "1152x768" 73.50 1152 1312 1352 1464 768 804 808 837 in the Monitor
section for Xorg.conf.new which I found in /var/log/Xorg.0.log which section
5.4.3.2 of the FreeBSD handbook for X11 installation says to do.
I believe there is something more I am not catching onto.  It is a
widescreen flatpanel that comes standard with this series of laptops.
I'm sure this is not the first time you have heard of this problem any ideas
would help.
thanks for your time.