what kind of UPS will work best?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Oct 6 16:12:04 PDT 2007

	Hi Folks,

	Recently, a storm happened and the power surge blew me
	off-line.  Time to get serious about buying a UPS that will
	handle my four main servers for at-most, a 10-second power
	outage.  After that, shut down my computers.  It took me 90
	minutes of up and down and crawling around last time.  That's
	the *why*.  Is there a best type to save me from this?  Do any of
	these power supplies come with scripts to shutdown a Unix {or
	Linux} computer?  Is there a UPS that is designed for heavy use
	and a very short (5- to 10-second) uptime?  I'll need one that can
	interface thru the COM ports or the UBS port, if that is how
	these devices work.

	tia,

	gary

--