p5-libapreq2 port fails to build

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at ridecharge.com
Wed Oct 3 10:16:47 PDT 2007

Barry Byrne wrote:
> Thanks for that, though I can't seem to get it to work. I tried applying the
> patch, which appeared to succeed, but the build fails with a different
> error:
>
>         Writing Makefile for libapreq2
>         cd perl; make
>         make: cannot open Makefile.
>         *** Error code 2
>
>         Stop in /usr/ports/www/p5-libapreq2/work/libapreq2-2.08/glue/perl.
>         *** Error code 1
>
>         Stop in /usr/ports/www/p5-libapreq2/work/libapreq2-2.08/glue.
>         *** Error code 1
>
>         Stop in /usr/ports/www/p5-libapreq2/work/libapreq2-2.08.
>         *** Error code 1
>
>         Stop in /usr/ports/www/p5-libapreq2.
>

> One thing that puzzles me, is that I can build libapreq2 just fine, but
> p5-libapreq2 fails. And it seems that the Makefile from the latter, just
> includes the one from libapreq2.
>
> Are these two ports one and the same thing and interchangeable?
Not really no.

skv@ doesn't really like perl too much so he split this out so just the
C module could have a port and the perl-glue which depends on the C
module is a slave port.  I would have just added a flag
WITH_PERL_GLUE=yes or something, but he's a committer and I'm not, so he
probably knows something I don't. :)

I will look at this and submit an official PR, but it won't happen until
later tonight America/New_York time.

If you don't want to wait, you can revert the patch and force autoconf
259.  I don't recall exactly how to do this, but you should be able to
find it in google or on freebsd's site.

/me *sigh* I should probably start reading apreq-dev at apache.org again.

Philip M. Gollucci (philip at ridecharge.com) c:323.219.4708 o:703.749.9295x206
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc.
http://riderway.com / http://ridecharge.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.