stability of FreeBSD 7 Beta 3?

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:11:43 PST 2007

On 26/11/2007, Kris Kennaway <kris at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Of course not :P  What are the PR references?
>
> > Try this.
> >
> > Login to twice on ssh.
> > If not root su both to root.
> > using the 2nd tty do a watch -W on the first tty.
> > on the first tty type 'killall watch'
> > you have now crashed freebsd 7 and most probably a auto reboot timer
> > is counting down.
>
> I can confirm this.
>
> > Even typing reboot to reboot the server causes page faults.
>
> But not this.
>
> Kris

Hi Kris

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=116719 is the watch report

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=116720 for the reboot

The reboot stopped crashing when I recompiled world using -O I have
however seen it on other servers crashing on -O binaries its not
consistent like the watch problem but its on numerous servers I seen
the problem on.

Chris