BSDs support for NTFS read-write (using ntfs-3g)

williamkow at gmail.com williamkow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:02:44 PST 2007

I am newbie of FreeBSD and I have been trying to learn other O/S and I
have chosen OpenSUSE and using it for quite some time, would like to try
others, example FreeBSD, PC-BSD or DesktopBSD. Before anythings, I do
some reading and found out that the read-only support for NTFS
partition, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BSD_operating_systems  (at
the "Technical Information" section)

However, the NTFS partition is still important for me with read/write
access by any new O/S, due to my main storage of my data files are in
NTFS partition (external harddisk) that will then be connected to other
computer (Microsoft Windows). Could you please advise me whether the
ntfs-3g command can be (ported) used in BSDs for read-write access to
NTFS. Thank you.