urgent: undoing a cvsup update

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Tue Nov 27 01:51:59 PST 2007

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I just cvsuped the latest sources and they break many programs named
> and most X11-apps comes to mind immediately
>
> Well how do I backout of the this.... keep in miond I use cvs-supfile
> to populate a local repo and did a rm -rf /usr/obj /usr/src thinking
> that might clear stuff up but it didn't
>
> As far I can tell I can track the main issue to the new malloc stuff
>
> All programs that are borken just hang immediatlely after invocation

Please, Aryeh. You've been using freebsd for 10 years and asking a flood
of questions here. You should know by now to at least provide the basic
info:

uname -a
error messages
cvsup file
the commands you entered to wind up in this unfortunate situation

Since you of course have proper backups, just pop in a CD and do a
rescue install. Asking questions like the above will get you nowhere.

Erik